A-Z Women’s Center provides a full range of gynecological services in a private doctor’s office.
Gynecological Services include the following:
- Birth Control Counseling and Educational Materials
- Birth Control Injection (“the shot”)
- Bladder Infection Testing & Treatment
- Breast Examinations
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- Family Planning Services
- Pregnancy Option Counseling
- Pregnancy Testing (urine and blood) – see below
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Testing & Treatment
- Tampon Removal
- Ultrasound – see below
- Urinary Tract Infection Detection & Treatment
- Vaginal Infection Detection & Treatment
- Referrals for Obstetrics (OB) Care
- Referrals for Female Sterilization
- Referrals for Vasectomy
- We offer two types of pregnancy tests:
- A high-sensitivity urine test is offered to anyone who is 5 to 12 weeks past the last menstrual period for $10.00.
- A more sensitive blood test is available for $25.00. It takes 30 minutes to get results for the blood test. The blood test will accurately detect pregnancy as long as it has been 10-14 days since the last time you may have conceived.
- Included with either test is a written confirmation of pregnancy.
- Patients interested in having an abortion may have an ultrasound exam to determine the age of the pregnancy. The ultrasound fee will be credited towards the abortion fee, even if performed on a different date. Be advised that we do not offer diagnostic ultrasounds or prenatal care ultrasounds.
- We also do not give out copies of the ultrasound photos until after the abortion has been completed. We do not perform OB or diagnostic ultrasounds.
At A-Z Women’s Center we offer a variety of birth control methods so you can start protecting yourself immediately. We will provide you with a prescription for 3 months (unless contraindicated).
Birth control options include:
- Medroxyprogesterone Acetate (“the shot”)
- Birth Control Pills
- IUD (5 year and 10 year)
- Nexplanon referrals
- Ortho Evra Patch
If you’re looking to have a tubal ligation or sterilization procedure, we can provide you with a referral.
Please call for any additional information about our services. Our staff will be happy to assist you.